Here is my recipe for carrot cake inspired steel cut oats in a crock pot.
- 2 cups of Quaker Steel Cut Oats
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon cardamom (optional)
- 1/2 cup raisins (or dried cranberries)
- 1/2 shredded coconut
- 2 heaping cups of shredded carrots
- 4 tablespoons of ground flaxseed
- 3 tablespoons of maple syrup **optional**
- 4 cups of coconut milk (not cream)
- 2 cups of filtered water
- 3 tablespoons of chia gel (you can make this by putting 3 tablespoons of chia seeds in a jar with a cup of water and stir and wait about an hour until it’s a gel-like consistency) **optional**
- You can add a few tablespoons of unsalted pecans or walnuts or slivered almonds too!
Set your crockpot to high and keep an eye on it every few hours because not all crock pots are the same and yours could take a little longer or a little less time.
The end result is a hearty and super flavorful breakfast for the rest of the week! I hope you try it and enjoy it!!